Recent Posts

Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Food






A busy weekend in and out of the house. I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off all weekend. I couldn't make the farmers market. I didn't get my pate brisee ready for Tuesday's mustard tart. I honestly can't remember what we did Friday night. Seriously. It may have involved pizza and the Home Depot. Its fuzzy. Thankfully by Sunday afternoon things had quieted down somewhat and I managed to visit the chain grocery store. Chilled to the bone, and inspired by some Italian prune plums on sale, I decided we needed spicy food to warm us up and a spicy-sweet cake to finish the night. Enter leftover asian spiced chicen and rice noodles from the previous nights dinner, plus some veggie stock, and aromatics, it became a spicy warming soup.We followed it up with a ginger laced plum upside down cake. I ate it for breakfast again this morning. Sturdy and spicy and only mildly sweet, it tastes like fall. Lookout for a post on this lovely dessert (or, ahem, breakfast) later this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment