Recent Posts

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kitchen Cure Week 1

Clean out the fridge and the pantry...


The best part of cleaning out the fridge? I got to really decide what was going to go back into the fridge. In went our fresh veggies, and yes, all of the hot sauces (harissa, frank's, tabasco, and sriracha, if you must know) out went the old half full jars of salsa, out went the old cupcake that even though it was months old, was sitting in tupperware and looked eerily edible (no, i didn't eat it, but i thought about it). Out went a whole lot of moldy leftovers (for shame), odds and ends and things I popped into the freezer for stock months ago. I did, in fact buy a rotisserie chicken on Friday night, (thats a horrible story I'm NOT goint to tell you about. - The night, not the chicken) and made chicken stock with all those frozen leek tops and parsley stems).



So on top of joining the kitchen cure to clean, we also bought a new fridge (its almost like cheating)  and now it looks like this:



...talk about an improvement. My homework tonight is to clean the spice cabinet...Then the pantry will be done, and I'll be on to step two.

1 comments:

rebecca said...

Ha! I'm doing the kitchen cure too... though, it's Friday and I still haven't tackled week 1 *groan*.

Post a Comment