Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Long Weekend Edition




I had Monday off, in honor of Columbus Day. Nenner-neener.





The long weekend found us in New Hampshire, visiting my parents. We were pumpkin picking, apple cider donut eating, and generally enjoying fall sunshine in scenic New England (the foliage is so much better up there). It was too cold for an outdoor fire, which is a sign that fall is really settling in. When its thirty eight degrees at 8pm, you know winter is around the corner....and you can justify eating three (three!??) meatballs. They were small, sort of...The man went into his office on Monday, and that left me to my own devices, making chicken stock in a crockpot, and then turning it into a delicious soup, (one you'll hear more about later this week!) Not photographed (in typical bad blogger-style) was Friday night's taco party. We had guests coming for dinner, and I had no idea what to make. The man put a vote in for chicken tacos, and since I couldn't think of anything else, (and because on a Friday night when you get home from work at 6 and dinner is at 7, you need something fun and quick) tacos won out. I was actually glad that they did, I hadn't time to marinate the chicken we were planning to use, I devised a sort of 'dry - rub' before we put it on the grill. It was a (suprising) hit, and I'm thinking of toying with it on a smaller scale...chicken wings perhaps...? Leftover jalepenos and cheese made an appearance on Saturday's 'huevos rancheros' in the first picture. I bought the man some poaching cups, and now there will be poached eggs...on everything. Forever.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do poaching cups look like?

Post a Comment