Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On Vegetables.


I feel like I should put a section on this blog and call it 'confession time' because...I have some confessions, huh? While I try to make my way toward an eco friendly (Im not using the word green) lifestyle, where I support the local farmers and the local milk company, and all the rest...well, sometimes I sleep in on Saturday...and Sunday.

I don't make it to the farmers market, and then we eat vegetables from Hannaford. The man never notices the difference in the taste (or at least never says anything about it,) making it all the more easy to sleep in all weekend, and hit the grocery produce bins at 4pm on Sunday. (WITH EVERYONE ELSE AND THEIR BROTHER)but this my friends is going to change. At least until it snows.
There is a Winter Market opening up in Pawtucket! We live about 25 minutes from Rhody so Pawtucket is not far from where we live. I'm hoping that the novel idea (here in New England) of a winter market is enough to get me out of bed. We've been seriously tightening the apron strings as Christmas and Channukah close in, (and we made that super large purchase) so I'm also hoping I dont get so excited by squash and beets and shellfish that I blow a thousand million dollars at this market. I'll keep you posted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment