Recent Posts

Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Food: 9/17-9/19










This weekend was crazy, busy, and cold. We ate on the run almost all weekend. It was breakfast in the car, lunch standing at the kitchen counter, dinners at 9pm. As a result, alot of pasta was consumed. Its easy, it can be tossed with whatever is languishing in the back of the fridge, and if you pair it with salad, you don't feel so bad for eating a big pile of wheat. I have to be honest, I hate the being that busy. I want weekends to be relaxing. Especially when the crisp air of fall sets in, when walking home from the train at night becomes walking home at dusk. I want to read, leisurely mosey around making tea, and to make soup. This past weekend was not that idyllic fall weekend. We were in 2 states, went to bed at 4am, and were a total physical waste by Sunday night. Thank god someone else made dinner. (What? I made salad!) We got to have a delicious dinner with my family to celebrate a very special birthday for my now teenaged cousin. (The cake, I think gives it away)

 This week I'm hoping to be a bit more creative with my meals. I did a little spice shopping, and some reading. I feel ready.



0 comments:

Post a Comment