Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

An Extended Long Weekend








I took Friday through Tuesday off, to extend my long weekend into a vacation. It was the best idea I've ever had, honestly. With my extra time, we visited my parents in NH to celebrate with my brother on his twenty first birthday. Champagne and cake is always a winning combination, always. (and its even better when you get to sip it out of your mothers much coveted, rarely used, wedding crystal.) Do you remember champagne / sherbert glasses? Before flutes were 'the way' to sip champagne?
With all the extra time, I finally put the canning 'discovery kit' that I purchased to use, and canned a few jars of pickles and some spicy peach chutney (recipe to follow later, I want to make sure its edible first!) I like the 'discovery kit', because I can do super small batches (3 jars). Afterall we're are only 2 people, and we usually we don't eat alot of preserved food (although now that I can make my own...) making 6 jars of pickles would more than get us through the winter...

Now that I have a (mild) case of canning fever, Im on the hunt for other things I can process into jars, and store away greedily, so I can preserve the last days of summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment