Recent Posts

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Radish & Goat Cheese Galette


At 8:30 last night, the man and I were siting down to dinner. 8:30 is a little late for dinner in my world (considering I rise at 6am, eat lunch at 1, and didn't eat between meals yesterday...for once) I was tired, I was busy, I was worn out from the first day back after my ridiculously indulgent longer long weekend...I was so tired in fact, that I didnt want to eat, (this basically never happens) I wanted to sit in the living room and zone out in front of TopChef until my eyes closed...until I took this pretty thing out of the oven.

Topped with super thin, vinegar dressed radishes, the sour cream crust (apparently I'm turning into Paula Dean) is first baked with a slather of dijon mustard and a layer of black pepper laced goat cheese. the richness plays off the fresh radishes, and made it a terrific light dinner. If you were to cut it into thin wedges, it probably would make excellent fodder for cocktail hour, since its almost as good cold as it was when the dough and cheese were still slightly warm, and the radishes were a cold, crispy contrast. Get the recipe on Food52,  If you feel like throwing some love my way, give it a vote!

0 comments:

Post a Comment