Recent Posts

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Spice Spiked Red Pepper Salsa


Up on Food52, my Moroccan inspired red pepper salsa. Go on over and take a peak and if it sounds good to you, give it a 'like'. I'll be following the weekly challenges as best as I can, and posting the recipes over there, and here. I must recommend that this sauce is perfect for these meatballs. I can not tell you about these turkey meatballs enough. They are moist, and delicious, and spicy, and...I could go on.

But I shouldn't really.

Instead what I'll do is post the recipe for the sauce. That, and encourage you to go over to view the meatball recipe. I will say that I only brown these meatballs and then bake them for 10-ish minutes at 350 to finish them, mostly because I have a tendency to mis-manage my oil temperature, and so I burn things...that, and I'm afraid of undercooked poultry. I might even  let you know, as a sidenote, that this is especially delicious when you serve it on top of cooled couscous combined with radishes, cucumbers, and fennel. Dress the whole thing in sherry vinegar and olive oil, and plunk down two meatballs on top. Perfect.

Red Pepper 'Salsa'


1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped

1 shallot, chopped

1/4 cup golden raisins or dried apricots, chopped fine

1 meyer lemon, zest and juice

1/2 cup cilantro finely diced

1/2 teaspoon cayenne

1/4 cup mint, finely chopped

1 teaspoon cumin

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

3 red peppers, roasted, seeded, peeled, and chopped

2 tablespoons olive oil

Combine the first seven ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside
Put 1 tablespoon of oil in a small skillet, add cumin and cinnamon, and heat until fragrant. This is the important part. In another bowl, dress roasted red peppers with the spiced oil, and toss gently to coat.
Add the remaining combined ingredients and fold to gently so as not to pulverize the softened peppers.
Dress with remaining oil, if needed





 

0 comments:

Post a Comment