Recent Posts

Monday, August 16, 2010

Kitchen Seven Five: Weekend Edition

Dark n Stormy
the best store-bought salsa you'll ever eat.
limed onions, recycled jar.
sizzle
fish tacos - dinner 8/13
this is what you can buy for $34 at the farmers market.
matzo ball soup, and a salad - dinner 8/14
simmering spinach, eggs, and cheese
baked eggs & baguette
zucchini muffins - so delicious, lookout for a post.
what to assemble, when the man eats leftover soup for dinner
Pasta with Pursulane and Lemon - dinner 8/15
Jiffy Pop
We were both home all weekend so I did a lot of cooking and cleaning and things that generally needed to get done when you have a house (I’m still learning, we’ve only been here 2 months). After cleaning out the refrigerator, I took advantage of the cooler Boston weather and made an enormous amount of chicken stock. Later that day, after being stung by a bee (in the face, of course,) out in our backyard this stock became dinner. I was in no mood to do anything but throw things in a pot, (but I obviously wanted to eat, while I held the icepack to my face) I made some enormous matzo balls and a salad and called it a day early. The next day, looking less like Quasimodo, I took it upon myself to make zucchini bread, which I will post here later this weekend. Not shown here, (because I haven’t quite gotten to the point of taking my camera into restaurants) was a really delightful Pimm’s cup (the man had a gimlet) and some fried stuffed green olives on Friday night. Fried olives are definitely not in the good for you category, but they were delicious, and Im hoping to replicate them at home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just about to write "what a busy bee" but realized that might be mean due to the bee sting...HA! (Don't be offended!!!) Your zucchini muffins look delicious and I can't wait for you post the recipe? I [still] have 3 zucchini's in my kitchen and was planning on making muffins for this weekends travels!

Unknown said...

Oh also, I see perhaps that you have heirloom cherry tomatoes from your farmers market. If so, ENJOY! They are the BEST. I can't get enough :)

Elle said...

Nicole, we do indeed have heirlooms at our FM, we also grow some of these in a tub in the backyard, they are called Sungold Tomatoes, and they produce a ton of little orange globes.
Ps- Zucchini muffins should be up today!

Post a Comment